Friday, May 16, 2008

Good Times

The Tuesday night Men's Chorus concert was a success. There were so many people there. The crowd was quite a bit larger than was expected. As much as I enjoy the weekly practices, there is nothing like the actual performance. I think that for an all volunteer, no audition group, we gave quite a show.

The after party was equally fun, although a bit depressing in that it made it more clear that I won't see some of these guys again until August most likely, when we gather again to start up for the Fall. We have been asked to sing at Central Alabama Pride, though. And I know I'll see some of them over the summer, just not everyone.

Wednesday night a friend came over and cooked dinner for me. Soft blue cheese on baguette slices, asparagus and roasted corn risotto, and steaks. He was actually a little concerned about the steaks because I've never cooked meat in my place. Some seafood, but even that's pretty rare. It's not that I'm a die hard vegetarian. We went out not long ago and I had lamb. But I normally only eat meat when I go out or someone else fixes it. I never have it at home.

I will have to say it was a great dinner. So much so that afterwards, well, quite a bit afterwards, I found myself slipping into that totally full, sleepy state, like you get after Thanksgiving dinner! Of course, I had two glasses of wine with dinner, and that was on top of having already had cocktails before dinner with another friend who just wanted to catch up because we haven't seen each other in forever. I realize that I sound like I've got a great, busy social life, and that I'm a borderline alcoholic, when actually neither of those is true! When it rains, it pours.

Last night, my daughters and I planted herbs in boxes on my balcony. Sometimes I forget how much fun I had with dirt as a kid! It was something so simple to do, and yet so much fun.

Life is good.

-David

2 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

Sounds like a good time all round. Hope things continue to go well with your daughter.

You never mentioned dessert. Hmmm.

David said...

Hmmm. You're right, I didn't. For me, a good dinner always includes a dessert. And he did bring something. But for some reason, a pretty good one, we never managed to actually make it to the dessert!